MY NEW YEARS EVE MAKEUP LOOK | LUCYANDLYDIA

19 comments


Looking for New Years Eve makeup inspiration for tonight? I recreated this makeup look the other day and thought it would be perfect for New Years Eve so I wanted to share it with you! When I posted this photo to my Instagram, so many of you wanted to know what I used on my eyes to create this grungy, red smokey eye look. I wanted to do something that was completely different to my usual eye makeup, but I still wanted it to be really warm because I know those colours really make my blue eyes stand out in photos! We were actually heading out for drinks with friends in the evening I recreated this look so I knew there would be a lot of photos being taken. I saw Perrie from Little Mix wear a similar eye look at The X Factor Final and it looked amazing on her!

For my eyes, I started off by using MAC ‘Coppering' Eyeshadow with a MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush and I applied this all over my eye lid and up to my crease. I used a flat top brush so that I could really pack on the colour and this meant the eyeshadow looked really intense. I then used MAC ‘Mythology’ Eyeshadow on a MAC 217 Blending Brush and applied this into my socket line/crease in a rounded motion. I did this in a rounded motion so that it made my eyes appear bigger and I just find this shape suits my eye shape best. I didn’t want to take it outwards too much and wanted to stick with the shape I felt most comfortable with. To make my eyes look super sparkly, I then added MAC 'Copper Sparkle' Pigment and I applied this over the top where I applied MAC ‘Coppering' Eyeshadow. To make the pigment stick I applied MAC Prep & Prime Fix+ onto a brush and then dipped my brush into the pigment and packed it onto my eyelid. This meant that the glitter didn’t fall out and it made it so much easier to apply. This also made the pigment stand out and I really think this brought the look together. 

To smoke up my eye look, I wanted to add a black eyeliner around my eye. Red eyeshadow can be quite tricky to wear so I find that adding black around my eyes really helps to bring the look together and break up the red shadow. I used the Guerlain Eye Pencil in 'Black Jack' and I took this in my waterline, my top waterline and along my top lash line. By adding this along my top lash line and smoking it out with a brush, it made it look more grungy and smoky, and when looking at pictures of Perrie, I could see that it was the same on her eye makeup look too! This eye pencil is amazing because it stays on all night but its also so soft that it makes it so smooth to apply.

Now onto my new favourite mascara. I have been on the hunt for a new mascara for a while now and my friend Victoria (Inthefrow) who also makes YouTube videos and has an amazing blog always talks about the Clarins Truly Waterproof Mascara. I have seen it in so many videos of Victoria’s so I decided to pick one up and I’m so glad I did because its one of the best I have tried! I would never normally use waterproof mascara and I think that’s where I have been going wrong, I usually find the brushes are never as good on waterproof mascara’s and they are always a nightmare to get off but this mascara works wonders! To finish off my look I also added some Eylure Texture Lashes in 117! I think this look would be perfect for any New Years Eve occasion, wether you are going to a house party, night out or drinks with friends. This year Lucy and I are going to our friend Victoria’s house and we couldn’t be more excited to spend time with our favourite friends that made our 2015! Wishing you all a Happy New Year!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

19 comments

  1. That colour on your eyes looks stunning! Have a good new year. xx

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyeshadow colours really bring out the blue in your eyes, just beautiful :) I hope you had an amazing evening!
    Lucy xoxo
    http://lucyannblogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha just gorg x
    My recently launched blog-
    Www.teenonlinex.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eyeshadows AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this eye look is absolutely stunning! I would love to be able wear these kind of shades but with my brown eyes they just don;t suit me, which is so unfortunate :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful copper eyeshadow shade!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have "Mythology" and I never know how to wear it. Your post really inspired me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you look so pretty! I Love your eye shadow! x Please check out my blog www.justaddgloss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely look, whether it's NYE or another evening party, but I adore the MAC pigments! They last so long and look so beautiful on the lids xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. https://dearmylifeandme.wordpress.com/ New blog post is up:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a nice eye makeup look! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. you girls are so amazing and pure beauty i love you to the moon and back congrats on 200k xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on 200k! I've been subscribed before you hit 100k, you guys are my inspirations and I love you lots!!!xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on 200k subscribers! i love your channel and have just recently discovered your blog, but i know i'll fall in love with it too! <33
    Also such a nice giveaway. I myself live in Denmark where a lot of these products are not available, so i think it's really nice that everyone can participate. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing ! Would love to win this !

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the most perfect makeup one can ever go for. I will also try it for my upcoming business event but till then I need help with searching for best corporate event planners. Please suggest me something helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this look, so beautiful!
    www.justabigail.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig